- Provides Total Shriek Rejection™ through Polaris' all new patented Sonaron™ software.
- HD Wideband sound quality.
- Intuitive colour Touchscreen and user interface - this includes Volume Control, Microphone Level, Tone, Display and PC/Desk-phone Switching.
- Easily switches between desk-phone and PC - perfect for contact centres who implement Online Training Programmes such as e-Learning or Quality Assurance Training, as well as those with UC capabilities.
- Includes Noise Dosimetry which collects sound data for analysis - this data can be viewed in easy-to-read Graphs through Soundstat™ software.
- Supervisor Port enables trouble-free monitoring of active calls.
- Sound Level Limiter protects you from long term exposure to loud noise.
- Power 'Brown Out' Protection Circuitry (ensures that headset users are not at risk of Acoustic Shock even during a drop in the electrical power supply).
- Plug & play solution assures Universal Compatibility with all host handsets.
- Full ongoing support through the Polaris Customer Service Programme
- 5 year warranty.
Noise Limiting and Shriek Rejection - the difference. Read more...
The Soundshield 4G uses a two pronged approach to acoustic safety: Noise Limiting and Shriek Rejection.
The National Occupational Health and Safety Commission has set a maximum average daily noise exposure level of 85dB over an eight hour period in the workplace. This limit is especially important for contact centre agents who are constantly on calls and wearing a headset, because long term exposure to loud sounds can potentially cause a person's hearing to degrade over time.
The Soundshield's noise limiting capabilities ensure this requirement is met and protects long term hearing. Shriek Rejection on the other hand, protects an agent from sudden, loud, high pitched sounds that could cause immediate acoustic injury.
The Soundshield's two pronged approach to acoustic safety offers the ultimate in acoustic protection. Limiting the incoming volume protects an agent's general hearing by reducing long term noise exposure; and the Sonaron™ shriek rejection software inside every Soundshield 4G prevents an agent suffering acoustic shock injury.
Developed by Polaris, Sonaron is the world's first Acoustic Shock Protection software offering HD Wideband Sound.
Sonaron software runs in all Soundshield 4G products:
- It provides the unique acoustic protection which instantly rejects acoustic shrieks and loud dangerous sounds.
- Uses Digital Sound Processing (DSP) and Wideband technology for excellence in audio quality.
- Includes powerful noise dosimetry data collection and storage allowing pinpoint accuracy in the identification of noise events.
Soundshield 4G - No other acoustic protection device provides such comprehensive functionality.
Soundshield 4G Datasheet
Soundshield 4G User Guide
Soundshield 4G Online Interactive User Guide